BACHELOR IN ACCOUNTING
The BS in Accounting Program of Prince Sultan University was accredited by the Ministry of Education in Saudi Arabia on 21/9/1426 H, 24/10/2005 G. The decision to run BS in Accounting Program (the Directive No. 7/B/4453, is dated 3/4/1420 H, 17/7/1999 G; Written Telegram No. 10117, is dated 25/5/1420 H, 6/9/1999 G).
The BS in Accounting program started in 2000 in the men’s campus. The enrollment in this program started in the Academic Year (AY) 2000–2001. The program in the campus for women started in the AY 2013–2014. The main campus for both men and women is Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. There is no branch campus for this program. The College of Business Administration (CBA) offers a flexible curriculum that leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. Students seeking a degree in this field are required to take a minimum of 135 semester hours from the framework of courses.
The Department of Accounting of Prince Sultan University is the first university in the Middle East to be accredited by six major professional accountancy bodies:
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- The Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
The BS in Accounting program is accredited by the National Center for Academic Accreditation and Evaluation (NCAAA), Saudi Arabia for 7 years (2015-2022).