Academic Advisory Unit
The mission of the Academic Advisory Unit at PSU is to provide an integrated program of effective academic advising for students. This integrated program will assist students to make a successful transition to University life; take responsibility for achieving academic, career, and personal goals; and to graduate in a timely manner that successfully meets all the requirements.
1. To ensure that students have access to knowledgeable and informed advisors who demonstrate care and respect for human and cultural differences.
2. To collaborate with students on the development and implementation of academic plans and educational experiences congruent with students’ interests and abilities.
3. To ensure student compliance with University policies regarding academic success and minimum progress.
4. To assist students in understanding the relationship between education, career success and lifelong learning.
5. To help students develop educational plans to meet their academic goals and guide them through the process of exploring their values, interests, and skills.