- Prepare highly qualified, industry-ready specialists and professionals in the area of Cybersecurity.
- Cover the conceptual and practical aspects of Cybersecurity.
- Develop and promote research skills in the area of Cybersecurity
- Empower students with the abilities and skills to cope with emerging technologies and approaches in the area of Cybersecurity.
- Develop a deep appreciation for Cybersecurity and empower students with the skills and techniques needed to build secure information systems.
- Develop and promote the skills needed to perform practical security assurance tasks, vulnerability mitigation, intruder detection, risk analysis …etc.
- Develop and promote the skills needed to design and build secure networks.
- The ability to define and use security models to abstractly describe security properties of computer and communication systems in the face of current, emerging, and potential threats.
- The ability to explain cryptographic techniques and primitives, and be able to use them in providing security guarantees.
- The ability to describe and use tools for preserving the privacy of confidential data, as well as explain some of the social and legal aspects of privacy
- The ability to experiment with software and hardware, to explore flaws in systems; explain performance issues with a focus on their trade-off security; and use standard security-related tools and packages.
- Devise a mitigation plan against both external and internal vulnerabilities to enterprise computer infrastructures and sensitive digital assets.
- Analyze and evaluate multiple risk assessment methods and strategies.
- Compare and contrast the legal and ethical aspects of cybersecurity at different levels.
- Evaluate the results of a security assessment to assess the security status of a network or computer system.
- Conduct in-depth research into a specific CYS topic, including finding and integrating relevant research results of others.
- Integrate systems-level-infrastructure thinking into CYS problem identification and resolution, and effectively communicate the solution.
Additional Outcomes for the Thesis Track Outcomes:
- Apply a research methodology to solve a security problem
- The ability to investigate and correlate findings to derive sound conclusions
- The ability to provide creative solutions to real-life problems