- Prepare highly qualified, industry-ready specialists and professionals in the area of Software Engineering.
- Establish a good basis for the Saudi and Middle East Software industry.
- Develop and promote research skills in the area of Software Engineering.
- Empower students with the abilities and skills to cope with emerging technologies and approaches.
- Develop a deep appreciation for the role and importance of software processes and methodologies in building a local mature software industry.
- Develop and promote the skills needed to design, implement, test and deploy software systems of any size.
- Train students in the areas of team work and software project management.
- Put special emphasis on the skills and talents needed to build large scale software systems.
After completing the program, students will have acquired deep knowledge, professional and research skills in one of the following areas:
- Practical software development
- Software project management
- Building large scale software systems
- Software construction and specification
- Requirements engineering
- Team management
- Software measurement and analysis