Data mining applications can be used to derive educated predictions in order to achieve better informed decisions. The needs and potential of Saudi Arabia can be derived from the massive amount of available data provided by the General Authority for Statistics and Government's agencies. The unit would also advise about what kind of data that is missing and should be collected. The Saudi Vision 2030 discusses several targets, these targets can be tracked and monitored using data mining techniques. This unit will be the continual operation of the current MEGDAM centre as a unit in the innovation centre.
Achieve regional leadership in research and development in the area of Data Mining
- Conduct Scientific Research in Applied Data Mining and facilitate knowledge transfer to the kingdom.
- Develop National capacities in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery through cooperation with leading international centers and distinguished researchers.
- Encourage Center sustainability for diverse and productive incubation of innovative ideas, services and practices related to Data Mining.
- Raise awareness of the importance of data mining and applications in the Kingdom.
- Encourage research in development of data mining techniques, methods and applications.
- Facilitate transfer of Knowledge to Kingdom through cooperation with international specialized centers and distinguished researchers with training and joint research collaboration.
- Provide consultancy and services to commercial / industrial organizations to optimally exploit their data and optimize operations.
- Support Prince Sultan University in educating the next generation of science and technology professionals