Quality Assurance Center
The QAC focuses on spreading the culture of quality in the university through continuous support and effective advising on quality matters, leading to the building of distinguished experiences in all academic and administrative processes. It aims at verifying and ensuring the university's services are being performed in a manner that meets or exceeds internal and external educational requirements and stakeholders' expectation. Along with other centers of the Deanship of the Quality Assurance and Development (DQAD), the QAC participates actively in all quality efforts such as strategic planning, teaching and learning, monitoring the actual work according to the annual plans as well as reflecting on the quality performance indicators against the pre-specified internal and external benchmarks, and support the accreditation process at the institutional and program level. The Quality Assurance measures are also supported by the Institutional Quality Assurance Committee (IQAC) chaired by the Deputy Vice Rector-Academic Affairs, to ensure timely quality measures are initiated at all levels of institutional administration.
To be pioneers in ensuring excellence in Quality Assurance practices in higher education.
PSU's Quality Assurance Center aims to establish and maintain a culture of the highest quality standards in all academic and administrative units through the application of modern quality systems, leading to assuring and complying to the policies and procedures within the institutional Quality Framework.
Goals & Objectives
Enhance the quality of faculty in strategically important academic areas:
- To strengthen the recruitment and retention of highly valued faculty members
Promote educational excellence:
- Nurture and sustain a culture that supports and strengthens teaching and
- To improve learning outcome review process.
Expand student participation in extracurricular and co-curricular activities
- Enhance student involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Provide co-curricular student activities within the academic programs.
Sustain PSU alignment to national and international quality standards of higher education
- Obtain and maintain national program and institutional accreditations.
Promote quality culture and governance
- Strengthen the implementation of PSU Quality Management System (QMS).
- Foster the accessibility and the usage of institutional key information by all stakeholders.
- Improve organizational performance by optimizing business processes across the University.
- Enhance the KPI management process.
- Master academic quality documents management.
- Infuse the concept of quality and the dissemination of its culture at the university.
Provide a variety of professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
- Promote professional growth for educational excellence.
- Enhance the professional expertise for quality consultations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Continue improvisation of the quality culture at PSU.
- Monitor the Quality of the Academic and Administrative Affairs in the University.
- Monitor the quality of academic and administrative affairs.
- Ensure excellence in quality practices.
- Enhance Continuous Quality Improvement Strategies at PSU.
- Oversee quality compliance and requirements for international and national accreditation in coordination with the Evaluation & Academic Accreditation Center (EAAC).
- Enhance continuous quality improvement strategies at PSU.
- Ensure the adherence of EEC-NCAAA templates for documentation purpose in all academic units.
- Provide administrative a substantive support for quality assurance and enhancement at all levels of the university by conducting institutional training on quality assurance and continuous improvements in all academic and administrative units.
- Monitor, review and audit the quality of teaching, research processes and administrative support services in accordance with the predefined QA system policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinate with SPDC in monitoring the achievement of operational and strategic performance indicators.