Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the undergraduate program in Civil Engineering, our graduates are expected to have developed:
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by
applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet
specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as
well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in
engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the
impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide
leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish
goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and
interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate