Chairman of the Board
Prince Sultan University was inaugurated under the umbrella of Al-Riyadh Philanthropic Society for Science (RPSS) under the auspices and unlimited support of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, when he was the Governor of Riyadh Region. The university was as dedicated to His Royal Highness, Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz. The University, which aims to support national development and supply the labor market with qualified cadres, has made “excellence” its permanent motto. The university will never give up on its motto or hesitate to maintain it whether in academic, applied fields, in the fields of scientific research and community service or any other filed in order to achieve the university’s lofty objectives.
Education and scientific research are two of the most important pillars of the progress of nations. They represent the inherent strength behind any successful development plan. There is no doubt that there is an urgent need for advanced education that keeps pace with the cultural progress that is witnessed by the world, in general and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in particular. The need for the advanced education is urgent because knowledge has become the real field of competition between nations and civilizations. It guarantees the well-being, excellence and uniqueness of the human being.
Since its inauguration, Prince Sultan University has focused on the following key themes of excellence. The team of the university and myself will continue to pursue excellence. We will continue to ensure its application in the academic and administrative processes of the university. We aim to make the university a role model to all the Saudi universities to follow and to attain Excellence in the following:
- Excellence in the University's positive contribution in raising the standards, requirements and outcomes of the private university education in the Kingdom.
- Excellence in quality not quantity, which means to focus on providing quality education rather than competing with other universities in students numbers.
- institutional Excellence in all transactions and practices both academic and administrative.
- Excellence in the adoption of technology and its applications both academically and administratively.
- Excellence in extending promising relations in education, training and external cooperation with major universities, research centers, regional and international institutions.
- Excellence in the establishment, adoption and development of research centers in the university on an international level.
- Excellence in attracting university cadres from students, professors and administrators.
As the University is closing on its second decade, armed with its future aspirations to reach wider horizons. We are proud that this university have contributed remarkably to meet the growing needs in the labor market for qualified cadres in all fields and to continue to enrich the prosperity of the Kingdom since its first graduated class. We witnessed the University occupying an advanced status among distinguished national and regional universities which was the result of sincere efforts and tireless work to create an environment that motivate scientific innovation, achievements and singularity, from all the employees at the university, headed by His Royal Highness Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdul Aziz, Governor of Riyadh and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Al-Riyadh Philanthropic Society for Science. The University's determination to adhere to this approach has increased under the direction of the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision, as scientific research and the quality of education are within its core objectives. The University has significantly contributed to the success of this pioneering and developing vision, as one of its strategic objectives. It was inspired by the advancement approach of the wise leadership of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz and His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz.