Minor in Marketing
General rules for students from other major who intend to minor in Marketing:
- Students should complete a minimum of 60 credit hours before they could declare to do a minor.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 out of 4.00 when applying or declaring for a minor.
- The student must get a minimum grade of ‘C’ in MKT 301 to do a minor in Marketing.
- Students are allowed to study only one minor, and it must be within the other major disciplines in CBA (and not in the tracks of the actual main specialization (major) of the student).
- The student must successfully complete a total of minimum 15 hours of specified courses to graduate with a minor in Marketing.
- Following are the specified Marketing Minor courses for all Majors:
||MKT XXX: I
||Marketing Elective: I
||MKT XXX: II
||Marketing Elective: II
|*If the MKT XXX chosen is MKT 430, then IS 101 will be an additional prerequisite.
- The student must complete all the prerequisite courses before taking any course of the minor program.
- The minimum grade for a minor course is a D. If a student fails a compulsory minor course, the student needs to repeat that course. However, in the event that the failed course is a minor elective, the student has the option to take another elective course to replace the elective course that the student has failed.
- The student is required to fulfill the requirements of Cooperative Education Program in the major-specialization only and is not permitted to fulfill another Cooperative Education Program of the minor.
- The minor will be mentioned in the academic record of the student in addition to the major specialization. To be eligible for a mention on the transcript/certificate, the student must achieve an average GPA of 2.00 in the minor courses, in addition to maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.00 for the major program, and the overall GPA of 2.00 to graduate.