Postdoctoral/Senior Researcher at Smart Systems Engineering Lab
|Prince Sultan University
|Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
|Electrical Engineering; Computer Engineering
|October 15, 2023
|Open Until Filled
The Smart Systems Engineering Lab at PSU is a leading research lab dedicated to advancing the field of smart systems, robotics, and automation. Our interdisciplinary team of researchers works on cutting-edge projects that have real-world impact across various industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, transportation, and more.
We are excited to announce an interesting opportunity to join our dynamic and innovative team at the Smart Systems Engineering Lab at PSU. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to fill the Postdoctoral/Senior Researcher position with an extensive experience in the following areas:
- IoT and Smart Cities Applications.
- Automation, Robotics, and AI/ML for Engineering Applications.
- Optical Communications, and 5G/6G technologies.
- Emerging Technologies in Smart Systems Engineering.
- Conduct innovative research in the field of smart systems engineering.
- Collaborate with a team of multidisciplinary researchers.
- Publish research findings in reputable journals and conferences.
- Mentor and supervise junior researchers and graduate students.
- Contribute to grant proposal writing and project management.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent).
- The candidate should possess a strong grasp of IoT devices operating in diverse environments, handling extensive data through modern AI/ML techniques.
- Strong background in smart systems, robotics, and automation.
- Proficiency in programming languages and relevant software tools.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Prior experience with grant writing and project execution and management.
- Proven technical and hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: IoT, Embedded Systems, Automation, Robotics, AI/ML, GPGPU programming, Fiber Optics, 5G/6G technologies.
- A strong track record of research and publication in top-ranked and peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a passion for tackling complex technical challenges.
Interested candidates should ensure availability of the following document and they should submit their application materials through this application form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmfkdNH5YmAAKyUdO1550p-1nBvPrhjUbqc24SUYZc62S1ow/viewform?usp=pp_url
- A cover letter detailing your research interests, and relevant experience.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a list of publications.
- Provide a summary of your previous grant writing and project management experience.
- Provide a brief of your previous real hands-on research works and technical skills.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Access to state-of-the-art research facilities.
- Collaborative and stimulating research environment.
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply and join our vibrant research community. PSU is an equal-opportunity employer.
We look forward to receiving your application and having you join our team in advancing the frontiers of smart systems engineering.