PSU became aware of the role it has to take towards the community. With the support of the Ministry of Education and some private institutions, PSU initiated the Scholarship Program. One of the aims of this program is to encourage students to continue their higher education, incentivize them to achieve excellence in education and to create a supportive environment for learning and working. The program also aims to support high school graduates and excellent university students; in addition, offering a scholarship to students who meet the conditions of admission to PSU but cannot apply due to their personal circumstances, such as orphans and the needy.
To give everyone a fair opportunity, the administration of the program announces the scholarships it offers in various ways, as well as highlighting the contributions of the sponsoring sectors. It serves as a clear example of the social solidarity we are blessed with in this nation, and what is offered by the institutions to the community within its social responsibilities as well as contributing to the dissemination of awareness of the (which emphasizes the) importance of excellence among the people of the community and its institutions, following the motto: Excellence in Higher Education.
To be one of the best programs that support excellent students and help them overcome hardships to contribute to building an extraordinary generation able to build and advance their nation.
The program aims to the provide educational scholarships to academically excellent students and financially struggling students, through encouraging more support to the program from various sectors and contributing to build a aware generation that plays its role in developing the community and participates in advancing the future of their nation.
- Encourage academic excellence within the people of the community, attract them to study at the university, and enable them of acquiring education in an extraordinary environment.
- Encourage PSU students to be excellent, enforce its culture in their academic and professional life, and contribute to building a conscious generation that plays their role in developing the community.
- Pay attention to students who study abroad from government and private sectors, and effectively communicate with these sectors to graduate qualified employees.
- Aid students who meet the conditions of admission in PSU but cannot due to their personal circumstances.
- Highlight the contributions of the sponsoring sectors of the program as a clear example of the community’s awareness for academic excellence and a sample of social solidarity that the university is nurturing as a part of its role towards the community. Offer the opportunity for more entrepreneurs and institutions to be supporting partners of this program to achieve its goals.
Most prominent sponsors of the scholarship program in PSU: