Prince Sultan University PSU
Policy Management System
Gender Equality Policy
|Policy Name:||Gender Equality Policy|
|Handler:||The President Office|
|Date Created:||15 July 2020|
|Date of Current Review:||15 August 2020|
|Approved by:||University Council|
|Date of Approval:||02/09/2020|
Prince Sultan University is an equal opportunity university that adopts strict nondiscrimination policies at all levels. The root policy in this respect is PSU “Accessibility, Nondiscrimination and Harassment” policy, which provides the broadlines for nondiscrimination, equal participation and accessibility irrespective of gender, race, religion, nationality and disability. The main purpose of this policy is to further elaborate on the nondiscrimination policy and emphasize equal participation and accessibility for female faculty and students
To ensure equal access and participation for female faculty and students, PSU adopts the following policies and measures:
- PSU applies the same pay scale for both female and male faculty and non-academic employees. Salaries and allowances are based on the description of the job and position irrespective of the gender
- PSU programs at all levels are open for both female and male students, with equal opportunities for both genders.
- The minimal percentage of female students is 50%, with no upper limit on the percentage of female students in all study programs. In many cases the percentage of students is higher than male students
- To respect the privacy of female students and encourage them to apply and participate, PSU establishes dedicated facilities and services, such as a special admission office, a special sport facility, a special library section, with full access to all resources, special mentoring programs, special COOP office.
- Female faculty participate equally in the administration of academic and non-academic departments. For every department in PSU, either the chair or the co-chair is a female faculty.
- Female faculty are equally represented in department and college councils
- Female students have the same opportunities to establish clubs, societies and conduct extracurricular activities.
This policy compliments the “Accessibility, Nondiscrimination and Harassment” policy and is implemented in the same way.