TAC offers two types of training workshops in order to provide the participants with the needed expertise and skills that help them to improve the quality of translation. These training workshops target two different groups:
- Students Training
- general training sessions
- specialized training sessions
- Professional Development for Staff
Students Training - Specialized Training Sessions
One of the main services that TAC provides is offering specialized training for students who are interested in translation and editing. A minimum of 20 hours is required to obtain the accomplishment certificate. The training program is offered every semester to give participants real- life experience in the field. Training sessions are offered by specialized TAC members on various job-related matters, feedback is given to participants across the program to ensure their progress.
TAC Specialized Training Sessions for the academic year 2021-2022
- 6 students completed the training program for the academic year 2021-2022
- Each trainee attended 2-3 days/2-3 hours per week
- A total of 21 hours per student, and over 25 texts and translations were reviewed and corrected.
Professional Development Opportunities:
The Translation and Authoring Center (TAC) offers specialized training workshops for its staff and PSU members in general. By providing a variety of professional development training workshops, TAC contributes to the achievement of PSU’s Strategic Plan “EMPOWER”.