Mechanism on Reporting a Concern, Misconduct, or Violation
Prince Sultan University – Compliance Office encourages its internal (faculty members, staff, and students) and external (parents, alumni, and employers) stakeholders to report concerns, misbehavior or abuses of the PSU’s Code of Ethics and/or other related policies.
Concerns, misbehavior or abuses of the Saudi Law and/or PSU’s existing policies are the possible area of reports. This includes the following:
- Governance and Admin
- Quality Assurance
- Teaching and Learning
- Student Management
- Community Service
- Information Technology Center
- Central Library
1. The system receives a report on non-compliance from any one of the primary stakeholders via any one of the following:
- Online Google form
- Direct Communication with the Compliance Officer
The Compliance Officer will analyze the report. It will take any of the two actions:
- Complete information Scenario:
- Incomplete information Scenario:
The compliance officer will ask for additional information from the claimant. The claimant is required to submit the additional information in 7 working days.
The Compliance Officer will take any of the two actions:
- Case is rejected: (A) Rejects the validity of the complaint and closes the case.
- Case is approved: The case is forwarded to either the (B) Faculty and Staff Disciplinary Committee or the (C) Student Disciplinary Committee depending on the type of stakeholder(s) involved.
- The Disciplinary Committee will conduct a hearing and review the complaint and will submit a recommended verdict to the Compliance Officer to be finalized.
- The verdict (decision) can be appealed within a period of 7 days.
- If there is no appeal required from the claimant and respondent, the verdict (decision) is released from the President’s office and the case is closed.